I started this project more than a month ago, but I had to put it on hold because I couldn’t find a suitable frame for it and I wasn’t sure how I wanted the background to look like. Last week I went to IKEA where they have some beautiful shadowboxes. I bought a white one and fortunately, the size was perfect for my quilled yellow dahlias. I chose a dark purple background which I think makes the yellow flowers really pop out. So here it is, behind real grass! I am so happy I finally framed this picture and I am very pleased with the result. I hope you will like it too!
The total size of the picture is 23cm * 23cm. For both flowers and leaves I used 120g/sm paper, hand-cut into 2mm paper strips. The diameter of the largest flower is aprox. 5.5cm.
A few close-up photos:
And a side view photo: