A few weeks ago I received a special order: I was asked to create a frame with some simple flowers. With NO dead line! This of course allowed me to take much more time than I actually wanted to dedicate to this project. Not the best working scenario for me!
A while ago, I purchased a set of papers with five new colors, so I decided to try them. I instantly fell in love with the scarlet red paper and, from the moment I laid my eyes on it, I knew that I will shred it to strips which I will eventually turn into some pretty flowers. That is exactly what I did, but after making the 3 big flowers, the project came to a halt. I had no idea what to make of them and only after one week or so I finally created a design suited for my quilled scarlet red flowers. This is the end result:
I am really happy with the outcome, I simply love to make 3D projects! If the frame was a little deeper, the plants would have looked so much better! The next thing on my to-do-list is to learn how to deepen a frame!
Here are a few photos with some close-ups and side views:
The inside of the frame measures 23/23cm. For the red flowers and leaves I used 120g/sm paper, hand cut into 2mm strips, and for the fringed flowers, 80g/sm paper. The diameter of the largest flower is approx 5cm.
I hope my customer will be as excited as I am about my creation!
Until next time, happy quilling!