I would like to share with you my latest project: quilled sunflowers in a vase.
I posted a sneak peek photo on my Facebook Page a few days ago, so here it is now, all done :). I initially made the sunflowers for a framed flower arrangement, but they ended up pretty big, so I decided to turn them into a freestanding project.
For the petals I used plain orange xerox paper (80gsm) and for the flower center 120gsm black and brown paper. The stems are made of green floral wire, wrapped in duplex paper. I used 3 wires for 1 stem to make it thick enough for a sunflower. The diameter of the largest flower is aprox. 6.5cm and the entire ensemble is 14cm tall.
Few more close-up photos:
Thank you for your visit!