Quilled Jasmines and Forget-Me-Nots in a Heart

Quilled Jasmines and Forget-Me-Nots in a Heart with Bumblebee.

These past few weeks I’ve been busy working mostly on custom orders for quilled summer hearts. Considering that coming up with this design was fluke in the first place, I am very happy to see it has been a success after all. For my latest order I had to work on the same heart design, but use completely different flowers: quilled jasmines and forget-me-nots. Since it became an entirely new project, I decided to share it:

Quilled Jasmines and Forget Me Not Flowers in a Heart

Quilled Jasmines and Forget Me Not Flowers in a Heart

It was made for a lovely girl from Spain who liked my initial quilled heart, but wanted me to use only quilled jasmines to decorate it. Since her favorite color is blue, I decided to add the little forget me not flowers.

Quilled Jasmines and Forget Me Not Flowers in a Heart - Side View

Quilled Jasmines and Forget Me Not Flowers in a Heart – Side View

All the flowers are made with 1mm wide paper strips and have been individually stemmed for a realistic, three-dimensional look. You might recognize the bumblebee from my previous projects. I used 2mm wide paper strips for its body and parchment paper to make the wings.

Quilled Jasmines and Forget Me Not Flowers in a Heart - Detail

Quilled Jasmines and Forget Me Not Flowers in a Heart – Detail

The composition fits into a 23cm * 23cm shadowbox. If you would also like me to create a custom item just for you, don’t hesitate to contact me!

Quilled Jasmines and Forget-Me-Nots in a Shadowbox Frame

Quilled Jasmines and Forget-Me-Nots in a Shadowbox Frame

Feel free to check my tutorials on how to stem flowers and how to make stemmed paper leaves.

Thank you for your visit! Happy Quilling!

Manu

Pooja says:

Ohh WOw..Your blog has all new n fresh look !! seems like I have missed many of your posts:( I loved this project those flowers are awesome and the forget me nots too !!

Don’t worry, Pooja! My blog is here to stay and you can catch up with my posts anytime you want! 🙂 I just modified the banner and added a few new features to the right column. For the first time I am 100% pleased with it! Thank you for your kind words!

Hugs!

sathyakala says:

Awesome bunch of flowers…Must say…ur new blog look with ur pic is eye catchy 🙂 Love to tour ur blog and it just speaks volumes of ur perfection, dedication and perseverence 🙂 Kudos…Keep Rocking 🙂

Sathya, sweet as always! Thank you so much! I didn’t think my latest changes would make such a big difference, since I only added just a few little things. I am glad they didn’t go unnoticed!

Hugs!

Miriam M. says:

Very nice work Manu! I wonder if you could help me with a question I have…what can I use to make something fragile to be more resistant and not brake to pieces fast (i.e. I was making some quilled brooches and I don’t want them to fall apart if, when trying to put them on clothing, one presses them a bit with their hands)…will a varnish be enough? I see that your projects are complex with all the little flowers and I’m guessing that you must be using something to keep them from falling apart easily. Thank you in advance.

Aura says:

Ai niste lucrari minunate,nu stiu cum reusesti sa le faci,dar imi poti spune de unde iei hartie taiata atat de subtire?