Quilled Daisies and Rose Hip

Quilled Daisies and Rose Hip with a Bee.

I kept waiting for a sunny day so I can take a few photos of my latest project and apparently today was my lucky day. Nothing new, just some old ideas in a new presentation: quilled daisies and rose hip arranged in a semicircle.

Quilled Daisies and Rose Hip with a Bee

Quilled Daisies and Rose Hip with a Bee

The diameter of one daisy is 4cm and the outer diameter of the semicircle is approximately 17 cm. The entire composition is glued to a 23cm * 23cm panel. I’ve painted the background with acrylics and I will frame the arrangement in a 25cm * 25cm shadowbox frame.

Quilled Daisies and Rose Hip with a Bee - Detail

Quilled Daisies and Rose Hip with a Bee – Detail

I am trying to finish one project every week so I can fill my quilling studio with artworks. The whole place feels so empty now, but soon I hope to display frames everywhere! 🙂

I’ve recently changed the name of my Facebook page to Paper Quilling by Manuela Koosch. Yes, it’s still me there, so don’t forget to follow me and also to check my Etsy shop, from Paper to Petal.

Thank you for your visit!

Manu

Alma Figueroa says:

I love your work. Im from Puerto Rico. Actually Im a quilling teacher. Do you have a book were I Can see how, and the instructions to make the quilled daisies?, and others elements of your proyects?

nagamani says:

Manu..it’s so lovely and the daisies look so natural. Could you please share some tips on how to work with 1mm strips..looking ford to hear from you.

Nagamani

Miriam says:

Nice work, Manu! Imi place faptul ca la multe dintre proiecte tu iti pictezi si fundalul sau iti faci tu un fundal aparte, poate am sa incerc si eu. Frunzulitele le zgarii cu ceva pe spate de ies liniile in relief?
    Thank you for sharing your projects!

Lina says:

Hi there Manu, beautiful work you have here. looking forward for your next project.
    Btw, would you teach us on how you rolled and shaped the daisies petals on a tutorial. I’m trying myself rolling on the 1mm strips and the result is faaaar from what i want. Thanks Manu 😀

Nandini says:

Daisies, Leaves, Rose Hip and a Bee everything is ssssooooooo perfect !! can’t express in words, really. As you said “Old ideas” – its “Old is gold” always…… 🙂 nice work & best wishes for your 1 project every week, so that we can see your creations every week.

It will fill the gap of these few months !!

🙂

Ewa M. says:

Hi, I’m Ewa from Poland. I watch your website since few months and thanks to you I felt in love in quilling :D! All of your projects are so realistic (especially Daisies – I love them!). It’s amazing. You are my inspiration. Thank you 🙂

Emma I. says:

Imi plac mult lucrarile tale. Sunt o sursa de inspiratie pentru mine. Am descoperit quilling-ul abia de cateva luni si sunt dornica sa invat tot mai mult.